Limited Run Games - Publisher & Online Shop für limitierte Retail Fassungen von Indie Games für PS4, Vita und Switch

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Das Battle Princess Madelyn fur Switch ist eine neue Version. Scheinbar nicht dasselbe wie das Game bei PA oder die PS4-Fassung.

Part way through development, it became clear that the game was straying from it's originally intended roots. The game was intended to be Story Mode and Arcade mode in the same level set. But with all of the added extras of the Kickstarter and story additions added to appease the CMF funding we never ended up getting, the levels needed to be made much bigger and the flow no longer worked for the arcade. It became more "fetch quest" and less of an action adventure game that was originally designed, this was due to accommodating all of the backer NPCs. We continued on this path and I separated the Levels into two sets: One designed for story mode - the original levels and one designed just for arcade mode. And while we were happy with the way the game turned out in the long run - it wasn't the game I had originally set out to make. So I pulled out my old designs from before Kickstarter and CMA funding application, which required us to alter and add certain story bits to meet their criteria for submission. I began to change things to be the way they were before either mode existed and more like my prototype. My partner and lead developer of CBG had also left at the time to pursue another career, therefore I had personally reprogrammed a lot of different things for this version of the game. You'll see the movement for skeletons resembles the movement of my prototype as it was originally intended. Little things such as this will have changed as well.

The long winded story mode was cut completely. This was never meant to last more than two hours, but you could easily spend 10 in it if you wanted to for story mode. I redesigned all of the arcade levels from scratch working with a few other designers to make sure I got it greatly fine tuned. I’ve also added new art, new enemies and bosses, and even had Gryzor87 to whip up some new tunes. I truly went to town on a full arcade experience. Cutting the in game dialog out completely but keeping the opening and ending cinematics intact. The King Daddy mode has also been polished for the more veteran player and you'll have to complete the game twice to get his ending!

The controls have changed - Fritzy becomes your sword. The sword is now an auto Melee attack when an enemy gets too close to the player, and pressing down and attack when above an enemy will always pogo now.

The player has two weapons in a similar fashion to Contra (in Maddi mode only) so you can change up your play style for bosses. Lobbed weapons are more powerful and straight throw weapons have better range but not as much power. Having one of each when you get to a boss fight is always the best way to go!

The game is also now in 4:3 mode with a few wallpapers to select from. One of them being Madelyn's original art for boss fight and enemy designs. I decided to go with this mode as a lot of people have been making mini arcade machines out of their switches to play the game and the smaller screen gives it a much more authentic feel and doesn't take away from the game at all.

So in short, Royal Edition is a directors cut of arcade mode. It's a few levels longer and much more diverse than the original game’s arcade mode with many changes to the play style. 10 Levels of Action 11 bosses to fight including 3 of them being completely new.

Like an original arcade game - it's short but very challenging. The way it should be. Seasoned players will find all of the purposeful speed run short cuts in the game, while new players will find the controls and movement much more forgiving than the original.

King Daddy mode is double the length but no throw-able weapons to up the challenge. He also has no armor - just pants, so he takes less hits than Maddi. Using his pogo ability will find you making your way through the game with far more ease!

Madelyn and I are very proud of this Nintendo Switch exclusive of the game and we're very happy that Limited Run has given us a chance to show it off!"

- Chris Obritsch
      Bluntman3000: "bin in mpnchtennünchrn"

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von 108 Sterne ()

• CE wäre auf jeden Fall nice,ansonsten würde ich es mir nochmal für die Switch holen,gerade weil es eine "neuere" Version sein soll.
      Steam: bjoern_typ
      PSN: Ruckeltyp80 ("Der Lootluemmel")
      XBL: reinersaftig
      Switch: Ruckeltyp (SW-6592-7819-8194)

Most Wanted:
      Hollow Knight: Silksong, Max Payne 1&2 Remake, Grand Theft Auto VI, Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater, Judas, Death Stranding 2, Replaced, Sword of the Sea, The Plucky Squire, Earthblade
    • naja wie viele von euch haben das "orig" gespielt und nicht nur im regal stehen? das Spiel hat zurecht ne meta von ~65-70%
      ich hab es am pc gespielt und nach nicht mal ner stunde sehr gerne wieder zugemacht und nie wieder angefasst
      aber ja vielleicht ist die "neue" Version besser vielleicht aber auch schlechter?!

der ganze text verwirrt mich iwi er wollte gar nie das das spiel so wird wie es jetzt ist und nun hat er es nochmal so gemacht wie er es ursprünglich geplant hatte?! öhm ja...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Radiant ()

• Das kann man halt nicht wissen. Ich habs selbst nicht gespielt, die Beschreibung des Entwicklers ist da alles, was ich sehe.

Kein Story Mode, aber ein "besserer" Arcade Mode. Vielleicht löst das die Probleme, vielleicht auch nicht. Aber zumindest stimmt es eben nicht, dass man das Game für 16€ bei PA bekommen hat.
    • 108 Sterne schrieb:

Das kann man halt nicht wissen. Ich habs selbst nicht gespielt, die Beschreibung des Entwicklers ist da alles, was ich sehe.

Kein Story Mode, aber ein "besserer" Arcade Mode. Vielleicht löst das die Probleme, vielleicht auch nicht. Aber zumindest stimmt es eben nicht, dass man das Game für 16€ bei PA bekommen hat.
      ja sry ich hab im ersten Augenblick nur Battle Princess Madelyn gelesen den WOT hab ich mir gespart ;) und da das Spiel ja nicht gerade wie ne bombe eingeschlagen hat hab ich auch nicht damit gerechnet das da ein DC kommt....sondern eine 1:1 Version der jp/asia
    • tzameti schrieb:

finde, das ist schon ein verlust.

hatte zuerst noch hoffnung, dass auf der lrg-version alle modi drauf sind.

aber so muss man sich als fan dieses spiels dann halt beide versionen holen.
      Interessant,habe den Threadverlauf nur oberflächlich mitgelesen und bin etwas erstaunt,dass es keine "komplette Version" jetzt von LRG gibt?
      Hmmm,müsste überlegen,ob ich zwingend beide Versionen haben muss. Zum Glück ist es eine Preorder und ich kann noch etwas länger überlegen.
      Das Spiel hätte es allemal verdient und als "Ghost'n'Goblins/Ghouls'n'Ghosts"-Fan ist es eigentlich ein "must have",ähnlich wie damals "Cursed Castilla"!
      Steam: bjoern_typ
      PSN: Ruckeltyp80 ("Der Lootluemmel")
      XBL: reinersaftig
      Switch: Ruckeltyp (SW-6592-7819-8194)

Most Wanted:
      Hollow Knight: Silksong, Max Payne 1&2 Remake, Grand Theft Auto VI, Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater, Judas, Death Stranding 2, Replaced, Sword of the Sea, The Plucky Squire, Earthblade
    • tzameti schrieb:

finde, das ist schon ein verlust.

hatte zuerst noch hoffnung, dass auf der lrg-version alle modi drauf sind.

aber so muss man sich als fan dieses spiels dann halt beide versionen holen.

Gyaba schrieb:

Interessant,habe den Threadverlauf nur oberflächlich mitgelesen und bin etwas erstaunt,dass es keine "komplette Version" jetzt von LRG gibt?

Hier der entscheidene Teil:

The long winded story mode was cut completely.

So in short, Royal Edition is a directors cut of arcade mode. It's a few levels longer and much more diverse than the original game’s arcade mode with many changes to the play style. 10 Levels of Action 11 bosses to fight including 3 of them being completely new.
    • Kein Patch bisher und bedenkt man den Produktionszeitraum der Cart wird er wohl auch nicht enthalten sein. Wer weiß ob der überhaupt noch kommt. Die Switch ist halt für Indies ein sehr einträgliches Pflaster und die zwei netten Brasilianer haben das vielleicht nur gesagt um den Absatz nicht zu gefährden. Fänd ich sogar verständlich ^^
    • tzameti schrieb:

interessant ist, dass die ps4-version einen limited run kriegt (1500 exemplare), während man die switch-version gemütlich als open preorder mitnehmen kann. :)
      was ist daran denn so ungewöhnlich? LRG hat doch bislang ausnahmslos jeden Switch Release in der Standard Fassung als Open Pre-Order angeboten. Limitiert sind für Switch doch immer nur die CE gewesen. Deswegen lasse ich mir bei Switch Titeln von LRG, die mich interessieren auch immer Zeit, bis ich sie mit anderen Titeln (z.B. Vita Releases) bundeln kann, um Versandkosten zu sparen.

~ MfG Smart86 ~
      >> mein Verkaufsthread <<
      >> mein 18er Verkaufsthread <<
      Switch: SW-1895-3808-4484
      Xbox Gamertag: Smart1986