[DC/SAT] Ameba und Xenocider, die Projekte von Retro Sumus

• Shazam says: "A beautiful Day" by DJ Goman. But it reacted first, when the track arrived the mid/end section.

But I am very bad a this, since I played mostly with turned off sound to save battery time on Gameboy & Co ;-). But if I were on "Who wants to be a millionaire" and Castlevania were an option, I would pick that.
      Meine Sammlung

Make it REtAiL, or it does not happen!!!
    • _2xs schrieb:

Shazam says: "A beautiful Day" by DJ Goman. But it reacted first, when the track arrived the mid/end section.

But I am very bad a this, since I played mostly with turned off sound to save battery time on Gameboy & Co ;-). But if I were on "Who wants to be a millionaire" and Castlevania were an option, I would pick that.
      Heh :) The references Juanjo got (from me) were Golden Axe, The House of the Dead and some Sonic tunes from the MD classics.

While I think the House of the Dead influence is very clear, there's still some percussion heavily inspired by some of those Sonic mechanical/fire/lava stages.
    • I totally love all the bosses in the game. How that alien queen thing is clearly retreating deeper and deeper into the cave and the player follows her relentlessly... Truly cruel and merciless. :D

This may not really matter while playing and getting your ass handed to you, but watching passively the up-/down-movement of the hovering mountain top looks really jerky. Not sure if that can be made smoother, and it may not really be an issue when you are focusing on playing, but it did really stand out to me now.
      Paprium, der neue 80Mbit Brawler von WM für den Mega Drive.

5% Rabatt auf alles ab 20$ Bestellwert: 9849058
    • 108 Sterne schrieb:

but watching passively the up-/down-movement of the hovering mountain top looks really jerky.
      A comparable (if not the same) prob is the "sort of pulsating bloodstream/lavastream" in the blurry background-graphics (<-3:08->), which apparently consists of 2 "phases" of "pulsation" (or what). More of these "phases" would work much better, imo. Same with the top of the mountain/volcano (108s comment)... too few "phases" of animation ;(

Music is gorgious! <3
      "These scanlines eat up all the detail!" (thinking 4 a while)
      Spoiler anzeigen
      Wait a second! How would a full-blown cathode-ray-tube fit into my tiny visor in the first place? Did u srsly put an SLG into my helmet in order 2 fuck up the TFT just a little more?
      "Well: Fuck u very much, OCP!"

Tauschthread (Suche shoot 'em ups) Suchthread

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von pseudogilgamesh ()

• 108 Sterne schrieb:

I totally love all the bosses in the game. How that alien queen thing is clearly retreating deeper and deeper into the cave and the player follows her relentlessly... Truly cruel and merciless. :D
      +1
      Just missing at this particular boss, the feedback whether you hitting it right or not. Maybe its made via sound, but there was music only in that trailer.

Also im getting more aware, how that planes are working. It looks good, since enemies and obstacles are predictable. I know other games, like Novastorm or Afterburner, where you couldnt predict the right position you you were most likely hit.

Btw. I liked, how you split up that mount Fuji. It really fits into the Ninja/Samurai Themelevel.
      Meine Sammlung

Make it REtAiL, or it does not happen!!!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von _2xs ()

• Thank you for your comments guys :)

108 Sterne schrieb:

I totally love all the bosses in the game. How that alien queen thing is clearly retreating deeper and deeper into the cave and the player follows her relentlessly... Truly cruel and merciless. :D

This may not really matter while playing and getting your ass handed to you, but watching passively the up-/down-movement of the hovering mountain top looks really jerky. Not sure if that can be made smoother, and it may not really be an issue when you are focusing on playing, but it did really stand out to me now.
      Yeah Abel is quite proud of his bosses designs. And we all learn something new with each new level and boss, so both Raijin and the Centipede feel like little masterwors right now :P

I think Abel and Chui did a great work at that, the feeling of getting deeper and deeper and the atmosphere and space being suffocating.

Yeah all the backgrounds will probably need some tweaking. Thank you for keeping criticistm constructive :)

pseudogilgamesh schrieb:

A comparable (if not the same) prob is the "sort of pulsating bloodstream/lavastream" in the blurry background-graphics (<-3:08->), which apparently consists of 2 "phases" of "pulsation" (or what). More of these "phases" would work much better, imo. Same with the top of the mountain/volcano (108s comment)... too few "phases" of animation ;(
      Music is gorgious! <3
      Same as above. That stage is absolutely still a WIP. We'll work on it.

Thank you! As I think we've said before, we're as proud of the game soundtrack as we are of the design itself. Actually, I usually listen to it when at work. I know Abel does that too.

_2xs schrieb:

+1Just missing at this particular boss, the feedback whether you hitting it right or not. Maybe its made via sound, but there was music only in that trailer.

Also im getting more aware, how that planes are working. It looks good, since enemies and obstacles are predictable. I know other games, like Novastorm or Afterburner, where you couldnt predict the right position you you were most likely hit.

Btw. I liked, how you split up that mount Fuji. It really fits into the Ninja/Samurai Themelevel.
      Ah yeah, that's being worked on. Actually, the whole dropping roaches and shooting poison was implemented MINUTES before recording and putting together this video. We are working on that exactly, right now. The boss will flash when being hit just as the other bosses/enemies.

Heh. The game is dificult as hell right now, but only because Chui is a "I belong to a time when men used to write their own drivers" (and I'm quoting his literal words here) kind of guy. I've died like 30 times during that stage. We know it has to be improved, but even now the game still feels like you were hit because you didn't memorize/predict the patterns, which means that, even if you suck, you get better after a few times. But yeah, there's work to be done on that department.

Thank you. Personally it reminded me of Sonic 3&K floating island... and Avatar xD