Elansar - Neues Spiel in Arbeit

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Ich habe es durch gespielt.
      Da ich nicht so der PointKlicker König bin habe ich etwas.mit 2,5 Stunden gebraucht(gefühlt da ich das immer abends ein paar Minuten zockte)

Es ist schon.kurz, aber das wäre noch zu verschmerzen, aber das Ende und dieletzten Rätsel (viel zu leicht) machen aus dem.ganzen eher was mittelmäßiges.

Schade eigentlich, den es fängt gut an und von der Grafik bis zum Gameplay.macht alles Sinn und Spass, wenn das Ende.nicht wäre.
    • Angesichts der Spielzeit und anscheinend auch gemischten Meinung ists ja fast zynisch das auf AA gesagt wurde "schon" auf Ebay :P Bin ja echt gespannt, wirklich begeistert war ja bisher keiner.

Wie ist denn eigentlich die Grafik zu bewerten? Sind das ausschließlich Standbilder die dann statisch bewegt werden, oder gibts auch dynamisch bewegte Objekte?
    • Grafik ist "gut" , wobei ein paar VGA Bilder wären mir lieber gewesen. Die 320x240 Bilder haben aber auch arg Artefakte ( sieht man gut an den Wolken am Himmel ).
      Ich denke mit eine gute Komprimierungs Algorithmus wäre das gegangen, sind ja jetzt nicht so viele Bilder. Eine größere Anleitung wäre Zu mindestens sehr schnell zu machen gewesen.
    • bmX schrieb:

Der Release ist schon ok. Aber ich hätte mir entweder eine liebevollere Verpackung und Manual gewünscht oder einen günstigeren Preis.

Not possible without doing everything aiming to break even rather than to return a small profit. The box is RGCD-standard release, just like all the C64 games (same packaging and manuals). Every Elansar has a Jagtopus flash cart inside, not just some old Atari board with EPROMs on it but a custom designed flash cart produced by a Swiss company via a factory in China - just by buying a batch of these we are taking a risk with thousands of euros of our own money. Cart shells come over from the USA and are far from cheap to buy. As for getting the games on them, just flashing and testing each cart takes about 15 minutes per copy produced (he doesn't have a Jagtopus flasher unit, he just has a modified Jaguar!).

Sorry you don't like the price/value - seems you won't be happy with future Reboot releases either :D If other people feel the same way, maybe you should contact Gaztee and see if he is interested in making some cardboard boxes, for us those are not very attractive as they are expensive, don't really look like the originals and are much more prone to damage than a hard case.
    • ChrisWR schrieb:

Grafik ist "gut" , wobei ein paar VGA Bilder wären mir lieber gewesen. Die 320x240 Bilder haben aber auch arg Artefakte ( sieht man gut an den Wolken am Himmel ).
      Ich denke mit eine gute Komprimierungs Algorithmus wäre das gegangen, sind ja jetzt nicht so viele Bilder. Eine größere Anleitung wäre Zu mindestens sehr schnell zu machen gewesen.

The cart is 4mb with a 2k save game and is highly compressed as it is, there are no bigger Jaguar games in existence than this one. If you want prettier pictures, you should go for the cheaper Falcon and Mac versions.
    • CD-i schrieb:

easier

Yep.

CD-i schrieb:

faster

Yep.

CD-i schrieb:

save time

Yep.

CD-i schrieb:

costs?

It's a custom designed flash cartridge produced in small batches, it's going to have a certain cost to it, although I think the cost of Elansar compared to the last old-boards-and-eproms release is favourable and when you consider the technology in a jagtopus is somewhat similar to that in a skunkboard for example (minus the USB part) yet the jagtopus in shell with a sticker and a box and insert and book is considerably cheaper, well...

CD-i schrieb:

Now it sounds that the jatopus is driving the price up.

You could maybe say that if the games produced on Jagtopus were more expensive than previous Jaguar cart games, I don't think this is the case though. For these first releases they might be somewhat comparable, I really don't know 100% what people have been paying for old Atari boards and eproms, only that one price someone mentioned in private was way cheaper than a jagtopus.

Costs could potentially come down in future if purchasing larger batches of jagtopus is made possible if more games are ready to release, but for now Orion_ and ourselves could afford to buy 100 each with our own money, which is pretty risky when you don't know what you're going to get back (see Another World and the poor quality boards that they received).

TBH, all this stuff detracts from the fun of this stuff, I know I personally enjoyed things more when there was no money involved and we just put out binaries :D
    • Hab mein Paket heut aufgemacht, spielen kann ichs leider erst ab Montag.

Also die Hülle gefällt mir sogar. Klar, keine Pappbox, aber funktionell und völlig okay. Die Anleitung dagegen hab ich erst gar nicht als solche erkannt. Ist halt echt nur eine Alibi-Anleitung. Sei es drum, besser als gar nichts.

Mein Modul-Label hat aber Einkerbungen, sind dahinter Schrauben oder so? Find ich ziemlich unschön bei einem neuen Spiel.
    • @sh3-rg: I just like the old paper design of boxes including the "gaz" boxes. I see the cost saving point of these standard boxes you use, too. But it just looks not as nice as the paper boxes. At least the manual could have been a little less standard. It's not needed to do an Atari original looking manual, but a little bit more unique one would be great. Ask Matthias, he did a great job creating some nice looking unique full colored manuals for his releases (including the upcoming card release).
      The point is, we are all collectors, new games are always welcome, but as a collector you always want a nice box and manual.
      Overall I'm happy with the release but maybe next time you spend some extra days for us collectors. If not, I think I'll buy your great games anyway. :D
    • bmX schrieb:

@sh3-rg: I just like the old paper design of boxes including the "gaz" boxes. I see the cost saving point of these standard boxes you use, too. But it just looks not as nice as the paper boxes. At least the manual could have been a little less standard. It's not needed to do an Atari original looking manual, but a little bit more unique one would be great. Ask Matthias, he did a great job creating some nice looking unique full colored manuals for his releases (including the upcoming card release).
      The point is, we are all collectors, new games are always welcome, but as a collector you always want a nice box and manual.
      Overall I'm happy with the release but maybe next time you spend some extra days for us collectors. If not, I think I'll buy your great games anyway. :D

I understand what you're saying and agree some people like to put a lot of effort into making boxes and manuals etc but for most game makers it's about making the games and not spending just as much or more time making them look just like something from 20 years ago.

The boxes and manuals are RGCD's not Jagware's, we like them are and happy with them, if you guys want different stuff it's RGCD you need to talk to :)