Atari 7800 - Expansion Modules #1 and #2

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Atari 7800 - Expansion Modules #1 and #2

Ab dem 15. September kann man die "Expansion Modules #1 and #2" vorbestellen.
      Es handelt sich hierbei um eine Neuauflage des Highscore-Moduls bzw. um eine um Soundchips erweiterte Fassung.
      atariage.com/forums/topic/1678…on-modules-%231-and-%232/

Hier der Originaltext von AtariAge:

"To get the plastic's costs in line and make them affordable I thought about releasing two versions of the expansion modules:

Expansion Module #1: High Score Module

This would be just the features of the High Score Cartridge in the expansion module plastics versus the stack-ontop cart to cart design I did back in 2000-2001.

Would look to sell these around $59.99

Expansion Module #2: High Score/Expanded RAM/Pokey Audio/ Yamaha Audio/ I/O Expansion Ports

Would look to still do these around $89-$99 (can't do $79 with the extra audio and I/O sections)

Now to make this possible, I need to get initially around 250-300 confirmed buyers, so I'm putting something together for a sign-up site and pre-release reservation system.

The tooling is going to run me close to $9,000 so I need to do some kind of downpayment, maybe around $25 to both guarantee the orders and also to help offset the costs of production as I can't put the full amount out of pocket.

This would happen around mid-Sept and it will be 30 days for the tooling to be made and readied, so I want to make sure everything is ready and set to go, all that would be needed is to receive the plastics and do the assembly.

Any feedback and/or comments would be appreciated, thanks."
    • 7800 Expansion Module

Kam gerade rein:

legacyengineer.com/storefront/…&cPath=39&products_id=115

Hard to believe that new Atari 7800 hardware will be released - Here are the details

Adds the following:

•Built in High Score keeping capability (compatible with approx 20 existing titles and any HSC coded games/programs in the future)
      •128K of Program Available Memory

•POKEY audio/interfacing IC Chip for enhanced audio/voice synthesis and I/O Interfacing capabilities.
      •2nd Audio Processor for higher end Arcade sound effects and music
      •SIO (Serial I/O) Port for potential future use of Atari 8bit computer peripherals such as Disk Drives, Printers and Modems.
      •15 PIN Port for potential future use with a detachable computer keyboard.
      •Will come professionally boxed in original Silver styled "Atari XL" type box with extensive User Guide and Technical Data manuals.
      Cartridge Port ontop to allow all 2600/7800 cartridges to plug onto the unit to play games/programs.
    • Atari 7800 Expansion Modul

Seit längerer Zeit habe ich mal wieder bei atariage im Forum geschaut und entdeckt das es ein sog. Expansionsmodul für das 7800 bald geben wird.

Hier mal ein Link mit den Infos: http://www.legacyengineer.com/storefront/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39&products_id=115

Es wird einfach in den Modulschacht gesteckt und bietet folgende Möglichkeiten:

-das Abspeichern von High Scores

-128k Speicher

-Pokey

-SIO Port für Atari 8 Bit Peripherigeräte

-Port für Tastatur

Gruß

Martin
      Atari 7800, Atari Lynx, Atari 1040 STE, NES, PSOne, PS2, GP2x, NDS
    • Soweit ich weiß nicht. Das hier ist der letzte Text von der offiziellen Statuswebseite:

May 27th - As most have heard, I'm finally feeling better and I've gone back to work on the XM, sadly my partner on this project - Mark (Groovybee) has moved onto some other work and is no longer involved in the XM it would seem. Mark has been great, he's been a real champion in helping on this project, but it has been a very long process and we all do these things for the love of the hobby, no one is obligated to stay on a project. However the Rev 3 design was based on idea's and features Marked wanted to incorporate into the XM design, and the BIOS is all Mark's work. Without Mark's involvement I cannot implement the logic he wanted to put into the design since I don't know what he wanted to lay it out as nor where he wished to tie in. Also some of the features may have required a further modified BIOS to support these features. I am not a 7800 Coder and I can't write the BIOS. Mark also has all of the sources to the BIOS so I couldn't alter it anyway. So I have decided on a compromise - I am going to take many of the benefits from the Rev 3 designs, go back to the Rev 2 which was a working platform and incorporate those Rev 3 improvements where feasible and then use the last stable BIOS Mark had delivered for the project and put everything together. Perry has a friend who is an Analog Audio guy looking over the Yamaha portion of the XM schematics to see if he can fix some of the shortcomings with the design.

So basically the final design will be a Rev 2.5 design. I've also decided that once the XM's are released I am putting all of the schematics into PD so those who'd like to tinker, hack and improve upon the XM design. Perhaps if Mark decides to get back involved in 7800 development at a later time, maybe he will release the BIOS as PD, but that is solely his decision and I would respect either way he would wish to go with that. My releasing of the schematics doesn't obligate him to release his BIOS. So I've started working on wedging the 68Pin 1504AS back into the Rev 3 boards, and re-routing the traces and removing all of the additional Bus partitioning and secondary Address Bus lines out of the design and getting to a Rev 2.5 'Hybrid' design which will be functional and do what was initially intended before feature-creep added to the design.

I will post more info in 2 weeks, I'll also see about bringing a working XM to the Too Many Games show June 14-16th in Pennsylvania.

und das klingt für mich so, als wenn es noch in Arbeit wäre, allerdings war jetzt eben seit knapp 2 Monaten auch kein Update mehr.
      Real Games need only one button!