Skunkboard v3 für Jaguar jetzt für Vorbesteller!

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Ja aber wenn dann alles passt, ists schon cool...

CD-i schrieb:

joa, stimmt schon... man die liste an kabeln die ich alle mal kaufen muss wird stetig länger...

s-video kabel
      audio-cinch kabel
      hdmi kabel über 5m
      klinke auf klinke kabel
      RJ11 Kabel
      USB Repeater Kabel

alles nur um hier mal wieder ausreichend verkabelt zu sein und net immer umstecken zu müssen... *stöhn*
    • Inzwischen haben die Vorbesteller eine Mail bekommen, dass sich die Auslieferung auf den 15.05. verschiebt, da ein bestimmtes Bauteil wohl mittlerweile nicht mehr produziert wird. Man konnte sich aber eine letzte Charge dieser Teile sichern, welche aber mit Wartezeit erkauft wird.
      Außerdem heisst es, dass ohne dieses Bauteil die Skunkboards nicht produziert werden können, so dass die V3 wohl die letzte jemals erscheinende Version ist.
    • Ich seh schon die Preise ins Unermessliche steigen ^^
      Fraglich, ob man die Konstruktion nicht auch anders lösen könnte um die Peripherie in Zukunft doch noch zu produzieren.

Wurde auch genannt was für ein Bauteil das ist?
      Vielleicht wollen sie ja auch nur alle Restbestände endlich raushaben :D
      Real Games need only one button!
    • Nognir schrieb:

Ich seh schon die Preise ins Unermessliche steigen ^^
      Fraglich, ob man die Konstruktion nicht auch anders lösen könnte um die Peripherie in Zukunft doch noch zu produzieren.

Wäre ja nicht das einzige Item für den Jaguar mit irrsinnigen Preisen... liegt wohl an der Konsole :rolleyes:
    • Nognir schrieb:

Ich seh schon die Preise ins Unermessliche steigen ^^

Glaube nicht, dass die Dinger unendlich teuer werden.

Hier mal die (gekürzte) email vom Dan:

I am writing to regretfully inform you of a delay that we are having
      with the SkunkBoard Ver 3.0 production. We were recently contacted by
      one of the part suppliers who informed us that a critical part for the
      production of the Skunkboard was being discontinued, and that we may not
      be able to purchase this part although an order for it had been placed
      where the site claimed that it was "in stock."

After much
      research, phone calls, and contacting, it appears that our order for
      chips will be filled as the absolute last production run for this
      particular chip. So, the good news is that the Skunkboard production is
      still moving forward!

The bad news though is that with the final
      production run of these chips not happening for well over a month now,
      we are clearly going to be experiencing a delay in the production of the
      boards. Between getting the parts, having to get back into the queue
      for the board production and everything else, this is unfortunately
      expected to be an approximately three month delay, moving the new
      expected ship date for the boards to May 15th, 2011.

I apologize
      completely for the delay. If you want to read more about it, I will be
      posting a new article on the GOAT Store Publishing web site found
      athttp://www.goatstorepublishing.com about all of the details regarding
      the delay.

If you wish to receive a refund due to this delay,
      that is totally understandable and we will be happy to honor your
      request. Please just email me back atloosen@goatstore.com and we can
      initiate the refund. However, please note that with the discontinuation
      of these chips there is an extremely high chance that there will not be
      any additional runs of these boards after the third run. Also, please
      note that as of right now, the run has sold out. If you request a
      refund, there is no guarantee that you will be able to receive a
      SkunkBoard in the future.

We greatly apologize for the delay and
      hope that everyone understands that when you are creating a niche
      product like this with parts that are at the edge of being obsolete that
      unfortunately delays such as this can occur.

Again,
      I apologize for the delay and would be happy to answer any questions
      that you may have about it. Email me back with any questions or
      concerns.

I thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
    • Heute früh folgende Mail erhalten...

Hello again,

We are writing you again to give you an update on the production of the third and final run of SkunkBoards. Unfortunately, we need to report another delay, however we have a lot of positive news about their progression.

The chip that we were waiting for is from the company Amtel. At this point in time, Amtel has missed their latest date for shipping their chips. Unfortunately, the way that the SkunkBoard is designed, the particular Flash chip that Amtel provided is a relatively unique design, and without it a large and costly redesign of the board would be necessary. The cost to this would be so high that we would lose thousands of dollars on the production and sale of these, something that as a small company where we produce things like this because we are fans would be impossible to cover.

We were concerned about missing the May 15th date when we were informed of a delay with the chips. They were supposed to have arrived at our facility at April 25th. They did not arrive that day, and it took us a week of phone calls and phone tag to hear that Amtel was again promising the chips would arrive in approximately a month. At this point, Amtel has missed four different deadlines on this particular chip, and we feel as if even though we have another date, it is not a date which we can trust. Since we determined this approximately a week ago, we started to look at our options, not wanting to email everyone until we had some sort of update with some more concrete information.

The good news is that as of today, we have found and sourced a replacement chip that will not require a redesign of the SkunkBoard from a company in China, and it is reported that it was shipped to us this morning. There are some risks with doing this, such as receiving the wrong part, but we feel that this is the best chance that we have as of right now to produce these in a decent amount of time.

To try to be very up front with what is going on, both Tursi of HarmlessLion and myself are going to be making regular updates to the following thread at Jaguar Sector II:

jaguarsector.com/index.php?showtopic=31942

Please note that when we started this project, these chips were shown as in stock and available at the provider which we were using. In talking about this project already, both Tursi and I have no interest in ever doing a project like this without having a guarantee that all of the necessary parts have been double checked. We greatly apologize for this delay.

If you wish to cancel your order, you may do so at any time. If you wish to hold onto your order however, we have decided that everyone who has pre-ordered a SkunkBoard will get a free copy of the Dreamcast game Cool Herders from Harmless Lion and GOAT Store Publishing for waiting out the delay. If that isn't enough, if you order anything else at the GOAT Store, we will include a free copy of Feet of Fury. Games start as low as $0.24, so you can get another great independently published Dreamcast game for pennies if you wish!

Also, if you pre-ordered a box and / or instruction manual separately a SkunkBoard, these items are getting put into production right now, and we will ship them as soon as we get them in hand. We believe that this will be within the next three weeks. We had delayed production in case the missing chip issue forced us to cancel the entire project, but now that we believe that we are on track again, we will be putting these into production as quickly as we can to get them to you. We will also be revealing both the box and cover of the instruction manual designs in the upcoming weeks.

We greatly apologize for this delay, as it is something that sadly seems to have been unavoidable. We thank you for your support, and we hope to have these in your hands as soon as possible! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me back directly, or head to Jaguar Sector II so that we can answer them. Again, we greatly apologize, and thank you for your support of Harmless Lion and GOAT Store Publishing!

Naja, wenigstens gibt es eine Entschädigung... :rolleyes:
      "Do the Math" ( Atari Jaguar, the first 64 bit System )
    • Skunkboard purchaser,

I’m writing with great news! As of today, we have confirmed a date for the final pieces of the Skunkboards arriving, and we have set a shipping date for all of the Skunkboards -- this coming Saturday, November 5th!

As a reminder, as a special thank you for ordering this batch of Skunkboards, we will be including a free copy of the Harmless Lion Dreamcast hit Cool Herders! If you wish to purchase any other items in the GOAT Store for your game room or collection, we can ship them at the same time as your Skunkboard -- simply use the code SKUNKDLY before Thursday night at midnight, and you’ll get 10% off your order... and, we’ll also include a free copy of the GOAT Store Publishing and Cryptic Allusion game Feet of Fury.

If you’re more interested in Jaguar stuff, we have a huge selection of Jaguar titles in stock. You’ll also want to become a member and sign up for our mailing list, as we have two more special Jaguar projects that we’ll be announcing in the next month!

Speaking of special Jaguar projects, we have a very limited number of the Carousel International test consoles for sale. These test fixtures were used in the creation of the SkyCopter and Speedster II cartridges, and have a special prototype arcade connector. If you remove the arcade connector, you can use the console as a stock console. The price for these consoles is $45 apiece. Please email me back directly if you are interested in purchasing one of these rare pieces of Jaguar history, and I can make arrangements with you!

We thank you once again for being patient with us throughout the delays and chip issues that we have had completing this run of the boards, and we expect that you will enjoy the final product in just a little over a week!

--
      Dan Loosen
      the GOAT Store, LLC

:raziel:
      "Do the Math" ( Atari Jaguar, the first 64 bit System )
    • endlich! Großartig, ich freu mich drauf bald noch mehr Skunk-Besitzer zu begrüßen :)

"Two more special Jag projects". Ich denke das sind dann endlich bezahlbare Releases von Skycopter und Speedster II. Dan hat nämlich die Rechte am Vertrieb bekommen, hat er bei JS2 geschrieben. Das ist cool :)
      "I'm Special Agent Francis York Morgan, but please call me York, that's what everyone does..."

{O,o}
      /)__)
      --"-"--
      uhu.webcam.pixtura.de/ Eulen-Live Cam!

youtube.com/oxcellent Meine Retro-Video-Reviews
    • Na dass ging ja ratz-batz ;)

Freue mich schon auf das Stinktier, lang genug hats ja gedauert. War schon drauf und dran zu stornieren. Habe auch gleich mal eine der Carousel-Konsolen geordert.
      Eine Neuauflage der "Mega-Hits" Skycopter und Speedster wäre cool, wenngleich die Titel schon wieder so schlecht sind, dass es fast strafbar ist dafür Geld auszugeben.