Atari Playone and Link-Box

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Nognir schrieb:

Hello Tenp6. Welcome to our forums!
      First of all, thanks for answering some questions and comments in here. How many hours have you put into this project from beginning to the end? Just out of curiosity :)
      Hello. Just on PlayOne (not on Link-Box) hundreds. If it was possible to do a video how to make it I would, but in reality not many people would want to when they see that to make it I used: 2 Jag cases, 1 CD case, ABS plastic sheets of different thicknesses, epoxy putty, bondo and a bunch of other stuff. The idea is to keep the case as close to the original spec as possible. That meant using ABS plastic for most of the case, and ABS is hell to sand and work with. As I mentioned before somewhere, I also designed everything so it could be molded if I get it fully finished.
    • ChrisWR schrieb:

Pre Order ? uuuu das wird Teuer. Jaguar und Jaguar CD plus ein gutes Netzteil . Alleine die reinen Hardware Kosten dürften ja schon bei 300-400 Euro liegen. ( Das CD Laufwerk ist eben ab und zu teuer )
      Klar ein Traum ist das schon so ein Jaguar Duo.
      Wie beim Sega 32X und Mega Drive, wobei da der umbau ja recht einfach ist. ( zum Sega Neptun ;) ) Man braucht nur sehr viel Geduld.
      Denke mal der Umbau zu einem Jaguar Duo ist auch recht ähnlich.
      No Pre order yet. This project is designed to use existing Jag PCB and Jag CD PCB / Drive. So it is a simple case of taking them out of the original case and screwing them into PlayOne. (Nothing is damaged.) The internal PSU plugs into the 9V Jacks on the Jag and CD. This is one reason why the expansion bay is not very high, as the case is below the 9V CD power port. I could have made more room, but that would have required de-soldering the Port which I did not want to do. The front lens also just clips over the LED (which would normally just be Red (States) or (Green Europe.) Even the power button is just lengthened and has no direct attachment to the PCB.
    • CD-i schrieb:

Wäre imo nur ne Lösung, wenn man kein Jaguar CD schlachten müsste und vll ne Platine mit CD Bios + CD Einheit (die es heute noch zu kaufen gibt) baut. Da das Jaguar CD keine extra Hardware hat (wie das Mega CD) vll realisierbar. Aber mein CD-Rom würde ich nicht schlachten wollen.... wobei... ich hab ja ein zweites...
      I agree. It would be awesome to have a bios upgrade so the MP3 player could be used without software (Cart or CD), and even better if it could be accessed during games (previous or future.) With the PS4 no longer supporting CD's and MP3's this could be an awesome alternative.
    • ChrisWR schrieb:

Also an mein Jaguar CD Bastle ich nicht herum !, das ding habe ich 1996 gekauft ( oder war es doch 95 ?( ) und da baue ich gar nichts dran herum.
      Ein Jaguar mit eingebauten Netzteil finde ich aber schon klasse, ich mag die Großen Netzteil Blöcke von Damals ( und heute .. ) einfach nicht.
      Sorry your message does not translate very well with Google Translate :(

It should be noted that the PSU in PlayOne is regulated, and generally outputs 9.2 to 9.4 volts. Furthermore using 110V here in the States, the PSU uses 0.0 to 0.1 watts in standby (Back power switched on, but Jag off) The Jag PSU's here in the states use 3 watts each while idle, so that's 6 watts of power being wasted while the Jag and CD is turned off. Playing Cart games the PSU and Jag use about 7.3 watts, and CD games between 11 and 13 (while CD is spinning.) So the PSU is very efficient, and can save a bit not money in Electric during usage, and when it is not being used. If the back switch is turned off, it uses no power at all.
    • Believe it or not, virtually all the parts of the Jag CD are stock components. The only ones which are not is the bios and the Orbit Chip. The bios is easy enough to reproduce, the Orbit chip on the other hand is not. I do not know if it is a stock chip that was re-labeled for Atari, or a custom chip made by Phillips for them. All I know is I have never been able to find any stock of these chips. If you want to do some digging, that could be a massive help to the community.
    • Atari PlayOne 2.2 (Mad Jag)

Here is an update to my Atari PlayOne. I now have version 2.1 and 2.1 Both of these now have a more streamlined design, with lower sides and lower front. Note that this case still houses a Jag PCB and Jag CD PCB/drive unmodified, and still utilities the built in PSU. 2.1 is the version which has an Atari Logo CD lid, and 2.2 has a Jaguar (MadJag) CD lid. Please let me know what you think

For more info, Atari Jaguar renders and other Atari models, visit here: http:google.com/+10p6

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von 10p6 ()

• The system height and length is the same with the original PlayOne, Version 2 and version 2-2. Version 2-2 just has slightly lower sides and front. As for the CD Lid, I am not sure if I like it. On a plus side, as it is just a lid, so it is very easy to replace and offer other designs.